We added some great content this week on HockeyStrengthandConditioning.com.:
– “Shopping For the Right “Dryland” Training Program” from Mike Potenza.
As the summer gets closer, parents and young hockey players will hear about many camps and programs available for off-ice training. Shopping for the right “Dryland” training program can be made easier by asking a few questions. Coach Potenza lists what questions to ask and why to ask them.
– Answering to a forum post, Jaime Rodriguez shows sled variations at Mike Boyle Strength and Conditioning for the Video of the Week.
– Sean Skahan breaks down 4 phases of “In-Season Core” work.
Also, the Coaches Forum is jumping. Lots of great discussion already, including “Testing Hockey Players”. Find out the answers to:
- What are the best tests to use in the beginning of the season for college and pro hockey players to determine anaerobic capacity, power, and strength.
- Does anybody have their players perform the test multiple times during the season and post season to compare the strength and conditioning to the pre-season?
Hope you all are enjoying the site. Any questions let us know.
Michael, Sean, Mike, and Kevin.